The importance of education cannot be understated. It's what helps us adapt and grow. And during these especially unique and trying times, these uplifting education quotes remind us to stay strong and keep growing, learning and adapting.
As this big list of famous quotes about education and learning reaffirms, education is the key to opportunity.
From inspiring quotes about learning—which remind us that failure is a necessary part of the process—to quotes on education from some of history's most famous and influential leaders, these 125 education quotes about learning will keep your fire burning.Read this list for the best quotes about education, quotes about learning, famous quotes about education and more.
After all, as Socrates said in one of the most famous education quotes of all-time: "Education is the kindly of a flame, not the filling of a vessel."
125 Education Quotes
1. Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel. –Socrates
2. Man’s mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions. –Oliver Wendell Holmes
3. Being a student is easy. Learning requires actual work. —William Crawford
4. Education is not the filling of a pot but the lighting of a fire. —W.B. Yeats
5. Don’t just teach your children to read.Teach them to question what they read.Teach them to question everything. –George Carlin
6. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. ―Mahatma Gandhi
7. Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. –Benjamin Franklin
8. Change is the end result of all true learning. ―Leo Buscaglia
9. I am still learning. —Michelangelo
10. It is not from ourselves that we learn to be better than we are. –Wendell Berry
11. Life is an open book test. Learning how to learn is your most valuable skill in the online world. —Marc Cuban
Related: Best Teacher Quotes
12. The more I read, the more I acquire, the more certain I am that I know nothing. –Voltaire
13. Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today. —Malcolm X
14. All learning has an emotional base. –Plato
15. Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance. —Will Durant
Related:160+ Freebies and Discounts for Teachers!
16. I never learned from a man who agreed with me. –Robert A. Heinlein
17. He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying. —Friedrich Nietzsche
18. You don’t understand anything until you learn it more than one way. —Marvin Minsky
19. Education is simply the soul of a society as it passes from one generation to another. _G.K. Chesterton
20. The beautiful thing about learning is that nobody can take it away from you. ―B.B. King
21. By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest. –Confucius
22. What sculpture is to a block of marble education is to the human soul. —Joseph Addison
23. Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. —Henry Ford
24. A well-educated mind will always have more questions than answers. —Helen Keller
25. Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don’t. —Bill Nye
Related: Best Free Educational Apps
26. Take what you learn and make a difference with it. —Tony Robbins
27. Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude. —Zig Ziglar
28. A little learning is a dangerous thing. –Alexander Pope
29. Don’t make up your mind. “Knowing” is the end of learning. —Naval Ravikant
30. If someone is going down the wrong road, he doesn't need motivation to speed him up. What he needs is education to turn him around. —Jim Rohn
31. To me education is a leading out of what is already there in the pupil’s soul. ―Muriel Spark
32. Any fool can know. The point is to understand. –Albert Einstein
33. Never stop learning. Never stop growing. —Mel Robbins
34. Education would be much more effective if its purpose was to ensure that by the time they leave school every boy and girl should know how much they do not know, and be imbued with a lifelong desire to know it. —William Haley
35. Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. –Benjamin Franklin
36. Education is the ability to meet life’s situations. —Dr. John G. Hibben
37. The more you learn, the more you earn. —Warren Buffett
38. Anyone who isn’t embarrassed of who they were last year probably isn’t learning enough. —Alain de Botton
39. Learning starts with failure; the first failure is the beginning of education. –John Hersey
40. All the world is a laboratory to the inquiring mind. –Martin Fisher
41. Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. —Albert Einstein
42. Be curious, not judgmental. —Walt Whitman
43. Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely. —Auguste Rodin
44. The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows. —Sydney J. Harris
45. Try to learn something about everything and everything about —Thomas Huxley
46. An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. —Benjamin Franklin
47. It is in fact a part of the function of education to help us escape, not from our own time – for we are bound by that—but from the intellectual and emotional limitations of our time. —T.S. Eliot
48. We learn more by looking for the answer to a question and not finding it than we do from learning the answer itself. Lloyd Alexander
49. That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do; not that the nature of the thing itself is changed, but that our power to do is increased. –Ralph Waldo Emerson
50. The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go. –Dr. Seuss
51. Nine tenths of education is encouragement. —Anatole France
52. For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them. ―Aristotle
53. The first half of my life I went to school, the second half of my life I got an education. —Mark Twain
54. Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself. —Eleanor Roosevelt
55. The human mind is our fundamental resource. –John F. Kennedy
56. The best teachers are those who show you where to look but don’t tell you what to see. —Alexandra K. Trenfor
57. I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma. —Eartha Kitt
58. Life is a journey, not a destination. —Ralph Waldo Emerson
59. If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people. —Chinese proverb
60. Even the genius asks questions. –Tupac Shakur
(scroll to keep reading)
61. Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune. —Jim Rohn
62. I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message. —Steve Irwin
63.The great aim of education is not knowledge but action. —Herbert Spencer
64. Education makes a people easy to lead but difficult to drive: easy to govern, but impossible to enslave. —Peter Brougham
65. The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn and change. —Carl Rogers
66. Persistent questioning and healthy inquisitiveness are the first requisite for acquiring learning of any kind. —Mahatma Gandhi
67. Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.” ―C.S. Lewis
68. A teacher is one who makes himself progressively unnecessary. —Thomas Carruthers
69. They know enough who know how to learn. —Henry Adams
70. Recipes tell you nothing. Learning techniques is the key. —Tom Colicchio
71. People learn something every day, and a lot of times it's that what they learned the day before was wrong. —Bill Vaughan
72. A learning curve is essential to growth. —Tammy Bjelland
73. Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. ―Abigail Adams
74. The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet. —Aristotle
75. Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. –Mark Twain
Related: Here's Everything You Need to Know About the Homeschooling—From Real Parents Who Do It
76. You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over. –Richard Branson
77. If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail. —Abraham Maslow
78. Too often we give children answers to remember rather than problems to solve. —Robert Lewin
79.You will either step forward into growth, or you will step backward into safety. —Abraham Maslow
80.Always walk through life as if you have something new to learn and you will. —Vernon Howard
81. Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family. —Kofi Annan
82. Learning is synthesizing seemingly divergent ideas and data. –Terry Heick
83. He who opens a school door, closes a prison. ―Victor Hugo
84. Learning is like rowing upstream: not to advance is to drop back. —Chinese proverb
85. It is impossible to begin to learn that which one thinks one already knows. —Epictetus
86. Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. —Nelson Mandela
87. You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives. —Clay P. Bedford
88. I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. —Pablo Picasso
89. Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence. —Robert Frost
90. Yesterday I was clever, so I changed the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. —Rumi
91. It is as impossible to withhold education from the receptive mind as it is impossible to force it upon the unreasoning. —Agnes Repplierg
92. The more I live, the more I learn. The more I learn, the more I realize, the less I know. —Michel Legrand
93. Intelligence plus character-that is the goal of true education. —Martin Luther King Jr.
94. Education is for improving the lives of others and for leaving your community and world better than you found it. —Marian Wright Edelman
95. It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. —Aristotle
96. When you learn, teach. When you get, give. —Maya Angelou
97. You are always a student, never a master. You have to keep moving forward. –Conrad Hall
98. Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous. —Confucius
99. Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him. —Maya Angelou
100. Education is a continual process, it’s like a bicycle… If you don’t pedal you don’t go forward. –George Weah
101. Children have to be educated, but they have also to be left to educate themselves. —Ernest Dimnet
102. I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.—Abraham Lincoln
103. The aim of education should be to teach us rather how to think, than what to think — rather to improve our minds, so as to enable us to think for ourselves, than to load the memory with thoughts of other men. —Bill Beattie
104. Making mistakes simply means you are learning faster. —Weston H. Agor
105. I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. —Winston Churchill
106. Every student can learn, just not on the same day, or the same way. –George Evans
107. Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself. —John Dewey
108. Study without desire spoils the memory, and it retains nothing that it takes in. —Leonardo da Vinci
109. Take the attitude of a student, never be too big to ask questions, never know too much to learn something new. —Og Mandino
110. Man can learn nothing except by going from the known to the unknown. —Claude Bernard
111. You aren’t learning anything when you’re talking. –Lyndon B. Johnson
112. Learning is not the product of teaching. Learning is the product of the activity of learners. —John Holt
113. “What did you learn?” is always first and best question. —Oprah Winfrey
114.Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. –Stephen Hawking
115. It is not that I’m so smart. But I stay with the questions much longer. –Albert Einstein
116. Many highly intelligent people are poor thinkers. Many people of average intelligence are skilled thinkers. The power of the car is separate from the way the car is driven. —Edward De Bono
117. With every mistake we must surely be learning. —George Harrison
118. Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all. —Aristotle
119. They cannot stop me. I will get my education, if it is in the home, school, or anyplace. —Malala Yousafzai
120. If you think education is expensive, try estimating the cost of ignorance. —Howard Gardner
121. The learning process continues until the day you die. —Kirk Douglas
122. Learning never exhausts the mind. ―Leonardo da Vinci
123. Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere. —Chinese Proverb
124. The quieter you become, the more you can hear. –Buddha
125. Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow. —Anthony J. D’Angelo
Looking for thebest teacher gifts? We got them!
Who Quote education is the key to success? ›
10+ Education Is The Key To Success Quote Thomas Jefferson.Why is education important in life? ›
Education develops critical thinking. This is vital in teaching a person how to use logic when making decisions and interacting with people (e.g., boosting creativity, enhancing time management). Education helps an individual meet basic job qualifications and makes them more likely to secure better jobs.What is the best motivational quote ever? ›
“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall” – Confucius. “Magic is believing in yourself. If you can do that, you can make anything happen” - – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe. “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them” – Walt Disney.How do you motivate yourself to study? ›
- Reward yourself for studying. ...
- Study with your friends. ...
- Remind yourself of your long-term goals. ...
- Eliminate distractions. ...
- Develop interest in what you have to study. ...
- Take breaks. ...
- Establish a comfortable environment. ...
- Establish reasonable goals for a study session.
- Acknowledge your resistance and difficult feelings with motivation. ...
- Do not run away. ...
- Do not blame yourself for procrastinating now and then. ...
- Try to understand your studying style better. ...
- Don't question your abilities. ...
- Visualise yourself starting. ...
- Focus on the task at hand.
Education certainly determines the quality of an individual's life. Education improves one's knowledge, skills and develops the personality and attitude. Most noteworthy, Education affects the chances of employment for people. A highly educated individual is probably very likely to get a good job.What is the importance of education 10 points? ›
It helps people become better citizens, get a better-paid job, shows the difference between good and bad. Education shows us the importance of hard work and, at the same time, helps us grow and develop. Thus, we are able to shape a better society to live in by knowing and respecting rights, laws, and regulations.Why education is the most powerful weapon? ›
Education allows us to better understand the world in which we live. Through education, we have become thoughtful about what happens around us. We observe things from multiple perspectives and not only from the one they tell us. Education interconnects and equates us as a species.How will education help you achieve your goals? ›
You gain knowledge, skills and experience to help you both in your career and in life in general. On top of that, by gaining additional skills in communication and problem solving and achieving your goals, you can also increase your confidence.How education can change your life? ›
It improves your emotional intelligence. You become a better person – more like understanding, kind, self-sufficient, love yourself before anyone else, yet self-less. So, this is how education makes life better. It changes your perspective towards life.
Why education is the key to success? ›
Education has the power to change people's lives. The knowledge that is gained can be used to shape your future and educate generations to come. It is the key that unlocks the door of opportunity. Education has always been an important factor in society, and it serves to unite and strengthens our country.Why is education important 5 sentences? ›
5 Lines on Education
2) Education helps us to develop skills. 3) An educated person is respected everywhere. 4) Education helps to attain success in life. 5) Education is the right of every citizen.
- Develop Self-Dependency. ...
- Fulfil Dreams and Ambitions. ...
- Build Confidence. ...
- Make a Fairer World. ...
- Underpin Human Progress. ...
- Bring Education into Everyday Activities. ...
- Help out with Homework. ...
- Work at Extracurricular Activities.
- Goals. It should be no surprise that goals motivate us and inspire us. ...
- New. Choosing to learn something new every day will give you a reason to grown and change. ...
- Challenge. ...
- Truth. ...
- Determination. ...
- Laughter. ...
- Perseverance. ...
- “I'll be there.”
- “I love you.”
- “Maybe you're right.”
- “I trust you.”
- “Go for it.”
- “Got your back.”
- “How are you?”
- “I want you.”
You've got to be okay on your own before you can be okay with somebody else." “Be yourself, but always your better self.” “Don't sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice too much there's nothing else you can give, and nobody will care for you.” “Keep taking time for yourself until you're you again.”What is today's inspiring quote? ›
Never give up hope under any circumstances or situations, no matter how bad it may seem right now, because there is hope, and things will get better if you don't give up. And, my friend, no matter what life hands you — believe in your worth and never give up. Better days will come you just have to believe and see.What are the 5 positive quotes? ›
- “The best is yet to be.” – ...
- “Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.” – ...
- “Do good and good will come to you.” – ...
- “A positive mindset brings positive things.” – ...
- “Positivity always wins… ...
- “When things go wrong, don't go with them.” – ...
- “Live life to the fullest and focus on the positive.” – ...
- “Keep looking up…
- Believe in yourself. Always stay true to what makes you unique and trust your gut. ...
- Work hard. Pure and simple. ...
- Take risks. It's O.K. to be afraid but you just have to plunge in anyway. ...
- Keep an open mind. ...
- Accept your limitations. ...
- Treat others with respect and kindness. ...
- Never stop dreaming.
Researchers believe that your motivation to study can either come from inside you or outside of you. You can be motivated by an internal drive to learn as much possible. Or, you might be motivated to study by an external reward like a good grade, or a great job, or someone promising you a car.
How can I motivate myself to study in the morning? ›
- Make Sure You Get A Good Night's Sleep. ...
- Set Your Alarm To Something Not-So-Annoying. ...
- Whatever You Do, Don't Snooze. ...
- Ask Yourself Some Positive Questions. ...
- Do Something Small To Get Yourself Rolling. ...
- Treat Yourself To Sweet, Sweet Rewards.
- “You got this.”
- “Good luck today! ...
- “Sending major good vibes your way.”
- “I know this won't be easy, but I also know you've got what it takes to get through it.”
- “Hope you're doing awesome!”
- “Time to go kick cancer's ass!”
- “Keep on keeping on!”
For many students, learning typically involves reading textbooks, attending lectures, or doing research in the library or online. While seeing information and then writing it down is important, actually putting new knowledge and skills into practice can be one of the best ways to improve learning.What keeps a person motivated? ›
Research suggests that humans are motivated by autonomy, mastery, and purpose. People want to control their actions, receive recognition for what they have done, learn new things, and feel that what they are doing matters.How do you motivate yourself to do something hard? ›
- Lower your anxiety.
- Benefit someone who you care about.
- Lead to financial gain.
- Avoid a negative consequence.
- Make you feel good about yourself.
- Clear your mind.
- Align with your values.
- Reduce stress.
Motivation is the word derived from the word 'motive' which means needs, desires, wants or drives within the individuals. It is the process of stimulating people to actions to accomplish the goals.What is the importance of education 50 words? ›
First of all, education gives the ability to read and write to anyone. A good education is extremely essential for everyone to grow and succeed in life. Education increases self-confidence and assists in developing the personality of a person. Education plays a big role in our life.Why is education important in our society? ›
Education gives everyone a chance to acquire new knowledge and learn soft skills that will help them improve their life. Education also helps children to appreciate themselves, their ambitions and knowledge from an early age, and to understand that they have been given a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.What is education simple words? ›
What is a basic definition of education? Education is both the act of teaching knowledge to others and the act of receiving knowledge from someone else. Education also refers to the knowledge received through schooling or instruction and to the institution of teaching as a whole.What is the importance of education 20 sentences? ›
1) Education is the process which aids learning, acquiring knowledge and skills to one's character. 2) Education upgrades the thinking of society and helps to uproot social evils. 3) It helps the uniform development of a country by fighting the inequalities of society.
What is education simple sentence? ›
Examples of education in a Sentence
The school is devoted to the education of children with reading difficulties. She received her education at private schools. The applicants had comparable educations. She earned her master's degree in education.
Education provides you opportunities for a job and makes you understand the needs and demands of the people. It also creates a job for yourself and others. Hence, education is the best weapon to fight against reducing poverty.Why is education the most powerful tool to change the world? ›
Education provides you the tools to improve the quality of life in modern society both economically and sociologically. Education is power and no one can ever deny this fact. It enables us to make the right choices in life and to perform our duties properly. It ennobles our mind and refines our sensibility.Who said that education can change one's life? ›
Education is one of the most powerful weapons -- it can change people, communities, entire nations and the future of humanity. Nelson Mandela has rightly said that 'Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.What did Albert Einstein say about education? ›
On Education: ''The wit was not wrong who defined education in this way: 'Education is that which remains, if one has forgotten everything he learned in school. '' [quoted in Albert Einstein, Ideas and Opinions, p. 63].What is true education? ›
True education is beyond earning degrees it is more than bookish knowledge. Education means inculcating moral values, positive thinking, attitude of helping, attitude of giving to society and ethical values these kind of students are only able to bring changes in society.What Ellen G White says about education? ›
“True education does not ignore the value of scientific knowledge or literary acquirements; but above information it values power; above power, goodness; above intellectual acquirements, character. The world does not so much need men of great intellect as of noble character” (Education, 225).What are 5 positive quotes? ›
- "When you have a dream, you've got to grab it and never let go." ...
- "Nothing is impossible. ...
- "There is nothing impossible to they who will try." ...
- "The bad news is time flies. ...
- "Life has got all those twists and turns. ...
- "Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."
- “Don't quit. ...
- “Strong people don't put others down… ...
- “Tough times never last but tough people do.” ...
- “Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.” ...
- “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” ...
- “Do not pray for easy lives. ...
- “Strength does not come from winning.
Martha Stewart Quotes
If you learn something new every day, you can teach something new every day.
Who said education is training the mind to think? ›
“Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think,” Albert Einstein famously said.Is it important to learn facts? ›
Knowing facts helps us to place other problems into context and access higher order thinking skills. If the facts we have memorised are accurate and accessible they can be used in order to give context to other situations, if we cannot recall these facts we are unable to place new problems into context.What is the goal of true education? ›
“The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.” -Martin Luther King, Jr.What is a perfect education? ›
Students must have faith in their teachers and the education which they are receiving. Students, parents, and teachers are the key elements in a model education. A good relationship between the three parties is essential to a good education.What are the qualities of a true education? ›
True education, (a) Deals with knowledge that is recognized worth-while and capable of achieving a voluntary and committed response from the learner; (b) Leads to a quality of understanding that gives rise to new mental perspective in the learner.What is the greatest want of the world? ›
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-men who will not be bought or sold; men who in their inmost souls are true and honest; men who do not fear to call sin by its right name; men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole; men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.Who is the first teacher of a child? ›
Mother is the first teacher of a child. A child develops a close connection with his/her mother. Mother teaches child basic values and behaviour. A child learns to speak the way the mother teaches him/her.Why Adventist education is the best? ›
Adventist education prepares scholars with life training and character development. Adventist education is the best way to educate citizen scholars who demonstrate respect, integrity, truthfulness, perseverance, responsibility, caring, courage and problem solving.